Architectural Digest Middle east has featured 19th Century Antiques Louis XV vitrine in inlaid veneer and gilt bronze by Paul Sormani:
This vitrine a contemporary interpretation of the Louis XV/XVI Transitional style includes an openwork bronze ledge above a central panel door. The door is flanked to each side by glass panels. The vitrine includes a mirrored interior and inlaid veneer exterior.Slender cabriole legs echo the carved rococo gilt bronze decorations on the front and sides of the vitrine.
Paul Sormani established the firm in 1847 at 7 Cimetière Saint-Nicholas in Paris. The location was then changed in 1854 to 114, Rue du Temple, and in 1867 to 10, rue Charlot. He was present at all the major exhibitions with petits meubles de fantaisie, as well as excellent quality reproductions of some of the Garde Meuble National items. The firm won a bronze medal in 1849 and une médaille de première classe in 1855. At the 1867 Exposition Universelle, his work was described as such: ‘toute sa production révèle une qualité d’exécution de tout premier ordre’ (‘the whole of his production exhibits craftsmanship of the highest quality’). Sormani's clients were affluent connoisseurs of France as well as nobility of Europe and influential citizens internationally. Among these are Napoleon III, Empress Eugenie, Tsar Alexander III and the Vanderbilts. When Sormani passed away, his son, Paul-Charles took over his father’s business alongside his mother, Ursule-Marie Philippine, hence the company's name change to Sormani Veuve Paul et Fils. In 1914 Paul Charles Sormani formed a partnership with Thiebault Frères, and the firm was moved to 134, Boulevard Haussmann, where it remained until its closure in 1934. The furniture production was of the highest quality in the style of Louis XV and Louis XVI.